For the ones hustling to improve themselves and their urban life

WEEK 2: BURGERS, HEADACHES AND MÖKKI

By 12:18 AM


Click the picture to read more >> Happy Monday Helsinkians! I hope you all had a lovely weekend and you're ready and set for another week, less and less until Christmas (haha, at least something to look forward since the weather is not really helping with the summer mood). It has been a nice second week for me here. I miss my parents but being surrounded by sweet people is indeed making my transition way smoother.
This past week I have been tasting the first burger (for the Best Helsinkian Burger series for my blog) at Woolshed Bar & Kitchen and has really surprised me! This cozy Australian terrace and bar in Helsinki has won the second stand for Best Burgers in Helsinki and so far I am placing it as my own numero uno - yet I have many others to taste. 
The burger I got was the famous Avocado and Bacon Beef Burger on the Tuesday offer for 10 euros (rest of the days is 14,90) served with a side salad and a nice portion of fries. I loved the taste, the meat, the fries...but if I would suggest an improvement would be to have them served more warm since the buns were kinda cold.

Next Burger stop? Friends and Brgrs! A new place in Helsinki serving burgers consciously. All ingredients are fresh and locally sourced cooked in their own kitchen. Sounds like a great idea and especially for a burger place, while we all think everything "burgery" is fast-food. They like to call it a "fast casual burger restaurant".

We've been downtown for a walk and quick Aleksi13 shopping for sporty clothes and later in the evening had a quiet time in Helsinki's Cathedral enjoying peace and quiet and resting before going back home. We had a horrible headache because of the amount of people, buzz and fuzz downtown which it quickly went away as we relaxed on the simple wooden benches of the cathedral. Such a beautiful quiet place! That day I have also learnt that actually the cathedral has been built on the site of another church I've never heard before, the Ulrika Eleonora Church which has been demolished in the 1820s.

Next day it was all about staying in and working for my secret project (will no reveal for now) and preparing a delicious dinner we were looking forward to. Had a beautiful piece of salmon spiced, new potatoes and a home-made dill cream. Delish!

This second week things have gone smoother and we spent family time in Sipoo (in the middle way from Helsinki to Porvoo) by the newly made mökki experiencing a Finnish mild summer day, grilling sausages, munching on chips and canoeing. I am really looking forward going there back and take more pictures of the beautiful surroundings especially nearby the sea. 
I had the privilege of visiting some ancient graves, supposedly since the Bronze Age! I've also heard about the vivid viking stories still running in the area!

By the end of the week and for a change, I was hoping for a professional turn and was applying for some job offers though nothing turned to be fitting (why do I suddenly feel like I'm in a fitting booth?) though still waiting for an opportunity from one of my favorite Finnish companies! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

NEXT: PORVOO town!

You Might Also Like

0 comments